Toaster Ovens are not at all overrated, and they can do so much more than simply toast bread. You will be surprised of what you can use it for.
7 things to have in mind when using your Toaster Oven
A Toaster Oven might prove to be the perfect ally in kitchens, even if you have a regular ovens, however there are some things to have in mind before actually using one.
- Unlike ovens, you can put plates into the Toaster Oven. However, they must be warmed ahead for about 5 minutes before putting them inside.
- You can use a Toaster Oven for multiple cooking methods, and one of them is roasting nuts. Just remember to shake them and turn them every once in a while.
- If you want to bake something, keep in mind the dimensions of the Toaster Oven. Unlike a regular oven, it can only accommodate small amounts of cookies, muffins and so on.
- If your regular oven is already busy cooking something, you can use the Toaster Oven to bake side dishes.
- If you plan to put meat inside the Toaster Oven, make sure you brown it first to assure an even cooking and to avoid any extra fat getting all over your oven.
- If you’re not a big fan of the microwave, you can use the Toaster Oven to re-heat your leftovers.
- Baking and melting becomes a lot easier when using your little kitchen appliance.
Avoiding common mistakes
When using kitchen appliances, mistakes will be made. To avoid those when using your Toaster Oven is easy.
- Like other small appliances, the Toaster Oven won’t handle a lot of crowded goods well. The food will be likely not done.
- Use it to its whole capacity. Why buy extra appliances when you can use the Toaster Oven to bake too?
- Cleaning your toaster oven on a regular basis is very important, to give it a longer life and to avoid any leftover aromas to transit to your next batch of food.
How to use a Toaster Oven?
I cannot stretch enough the important fact that you can make multiple goods in a Toaster Oven, and that’s amazing. Baking cookies will prove an easy and fast deal. You can also use it to make brownies, heat up pre-made dinners, bake bread, or even cook pizza.
Cleaning and maintaining your Toaster Oven
I know I don’t particularly enjoy cleaning my kitchen appliances, but it has to be done. Luckily, Toaster Ovens don’t require a lot of work in that sense:
- Clearing out crumbs is recommended after every use. It can be as simple as removing the tray and emptying it in the trash can.
- Removable parts can almost every time be put in your dishwasher, or cleaned in the sink with a non-abrasive sponge.
- Getting rid of the grease build ups is very important so make sure to spray a sponge with a cleaning solution and give it a good scrub.
- Wait for the Toaster Oven to be completely dry before using it.
To maintain your Toaster Oven, keep it clean at all times, check the power chord for any defects, and leave enough space between it and other appliances you might have on your countertop.